Monday, January 14, 2013

Hello from Bangkok!

Hello everyone.

After 35 hours of travel, Veronica and I finally made it to the Kingdom of Thailand, Bangkok to be precise.   It has been a fun, but eventful journey so far.  We got of out of San Francisco on time, but then had to circle the Tokyo airport for 2 hours.  There was a BLIZZARD in Tokyo.  Can you believe it!?  I thought I'd escaped this kind of weather when I left the North Pole.   The turbulence was worse than when the reindeer are pissed about not getting enough oats with their hay!   We were further delayed getting out of Tokyo, but we finally got off the ground about 5 hours late.  During the extra time in Tokyo, I really learned something. It is one thing everyone should probably add to their bucket list.  That thing is dropping a deuce on a Japanese automated toilet.  It is an impressive hands free operation.  Wash, massage, dry.....Seriously, no hands!  I had to revisit the john 3 times, it was just so enjoyable.  I must talk to Santa about installing these at home.  Other than delays, the flights have been impressive. United Global First Class is incredible service.  The flight attendants are top notch, the food is great, and the comfort unparalleled. Anyway, we have one more flight to go, then we'll be on the beach in Phuket!


Despite the delays and blizzard conditions, Veronica and I enjoyed the first class accommodations of United.




Almost time to board our last flight!  More later from Phuket!

No comments:

Post a Comment