Thursday, January 17, 2013

Hi from Phuket

Hello everyone,

I hope you all are having a great day!  After a few days, my sleeping schedule is getting back to normal.  It was a little rough on day 1, crashing at 5pm and waking up at midnight.  Since we arrived in Phuket, we have enjoyed some local activities, scenery and cuisine.  Although, I must say I am not impressed by the green curry in Phuket.  I have quickly become fond of Singha (the local beer).  It really is paradise here and the people are delightful.

My hotel room is absolutely fantastic!  While it is quite exhilarating to be able to see the ocean while sitting on the throne from an open-air bathroom, it is a bit troubling to a new relationship.  We both are more than a little bowel shy.  It is almost as if we are both Japanese.  For those of you that don't get that, the Japanese don't like to be heard in the bathroom.  They even have toilets that make simulated flushing sounds or play music to cover nature's music.

More to come,

Virgil










No comments:

Post a Comment