Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Phi Phi Island day 2..... my body continues to disappoint

Hello from Phi Phi again,

Well I was hoping all issues from yesterday would be resolved, but that is not the case.  Somehow I got the tune from the song that goes "You got to move it, move it" from Madagascar stuck in my head, and given my current state, I rewrote the lyrics. In my version it is, "My butt is burnin', burnin', my butt is burnin', burnin'.... BURNING!" An elf can only wipe so many times in a day.

To add to the comedy, today we went snorkeling again after breakfast.  While swimming with Veronica, I started to get a little gag reflex, but ignored it.  Huge mistake. Huge! I began to vomit in the ocean.  This continued for several minutes....until the tank was empty.  On the bright side, who could have known fish soooo like partially digested elf food.  I can truly say, I have left everything in the waters of Thailand.

Despite the issues, we still had a great time!  We snorkeled, fed the monkeys (and the fish), visited Phi Phi town, and made it back to the JW Marriott in Phuket all by 5:30pm ... just in time to go see YaYa the elephant again.  She truly is an amazing and gentle being.

Now we are going to order some room-service and prepare for another big day tomorrow.

Virgil







No comments:

Post a Comment